Airbnb regulations in Budapest
Airbnb rentals has been proven to be a perfect way to earn the most out of a rental investment. yet if you don’t know the terms and regulations, it will be a huge hassle.
Here we are summarising how to setup an airbnb investment in Budapest:
- Bedrooms must be minimum 8 sqm if it’s equipped for a single tenant. For two or three tenants, the bedroom must have a minimum size of 12 sqm, and for 4 persons in a room, the bedroom must be minimum 16 sqm. Notice that a maximum of 4 beds are allowed per room.
- Bedrooms are limited to eight, the number of beds up to sixteen per apartment.
- Host or an agent should be available for the tenants always.
- Rooms should be cleaned once a week at the same time as bed linen and towel change and in all cases before new guests arrive.
- Owner must apply to register the property with the municipality for short-term usages. The cost of the application is somewhat HUF 3000.
Submitting to municipality:
Local authority, based on the which district, will require the following information:
- Details of the landlord.
- Tax number and statistical number of the landlord.
- Details of the property (address, land registry number, size, proof of ownership)
- A signed permit from the common representative of the flat that the property can be used for short term rentals.
It’s very vital to notice that the common representative assembly of the flat, where the property is located, has the power to prove or deny a request to run a property as an airbnb.
The approved of airbnb can be one of the forms:
Either there’s an already existing general consent by the house assembly that all properties in the building can be used as airbnb investment flats, or – there is no prior consent, in which case, the landlord must request a general assembly of the house common representatives, and the assembly votes on the request. In order for the motion to pass, a majority of 51% of votes required.
As soon as the permit from the flat assembly is official, then the owner of the flat can submit the activity for official registration at the local municipality.